Links & Downloads
- Water Rate Increase - Effective 4-1-2013
- Charlevoix Township Budget 2014
- Charlevoix Twp. Zoning Ordinance
- CCRC Driveway Permit App
- Charlevoix Twp. Mineral Resource District Ordinance (Mining)
- Charlevoix Twp. Blight Ordinance
- Charlevoix Twp. Recreation Plan
- Rec. Plan Appendices - Part 1 of 3
- Rec. Plan Appendices - Part 2 of 3
- Rec. Plan Appendices - Part 3 of 3
- Application for Zoning Permit
- Charlevoix Township Zoning Districts Map
- Regulation of Medical Marihuana Ordinance
- Zoning Board of Appeals Application
- Charlevoix Township Master Plan
Notice: Charlevoix Township - Water Rate Increase
Charlevoix Township water customers will see an increase in their water bills beginning with April billing. Its been about 12 years since the last water rate increase for the township.
New rates are as follows:
Base rate $10 (The rate of $7 for first 2,000 gallons used has been eliminated.)
Usage: $1.50 per 1,000 gallons for 0 thru 50,000 gallons
Usage: $3 per 1,000 gallons for more than 50,000 gallons
Non-township residents will be charged one and one half times township rates.
Reasons for the rate increase:
Two new wells and a pump house on the north side have been completed at a cost in excess of $500,000 and depleted the water department funds.
The township also needs to begin replacing its water meters.
Current meters in some cases are 40 years old and repair parts are not available. New meters are more accurate and transmit a radio signal and can be read with a receiver. The cost of a new meter is $300 each and the meters will be phased in over time.
Infrastructure repair concerns - In some areas of the township, the water lines are 40 years old with lines that are tested to last 50 years.
That does not mean all lines 50 years old will have to be replaced, however, funds are needed for anticipated repairs and replacement.
Better water quality and water supply for many years.
Updated electrical and control panels which reduce operational cost.
For more information, contact the Charlevoix Township office (231) 547-4611.