Downloadable and/or online viewable meeting minutes are listed here. Minutes should be available before the next meeting date for the township board or planning commission.
- Meeting Minutes October 18, 2017
- Meeting Minutes October 9, 2017
- Meeting Minutes September 20, 2017
- Meeting Minutes September 11, 2017
- Meeting Minutes August 16, 2017
- Meeting Minutes August 14, 2017
- Meeting Minutes July 19, 2017
- Meeting Minutes July 10 2017
- Meeting Minutes June 12, 2017
- Meeting Minutes June 21, 2017
- Meeting Minutes May 17, 2017
- Meeting Minutes May 8, 2017
- Meeting Minutes April 19, 2017
- Meeting Minutes April 10, 2017
- Meeting Minutes March 13, 2017
- Meeting Minutes January 9, 2017
- Meeting Minutes December 21, 2016
- Meeting Minutes December 12, 2016
- Meeting Minutes November 14, 2016
- Meeting Minutes September 21, 2016
- Meeting Minutes September 12, 2016
- Meeting Minutes August 8, 2016
- Meeting Minutes July 11, 2016
- Meeting Minutes June 15, 2016
- Meeting Minutes June 13, 2016
- Meeting Minutes Corrected May 9, 2016
- Meeting Minutes May 18, 2016
- Meeting Minutes May 9, 2016
- Meeting Minutes April 27, 2016
- Meeting Minutes April 11, 2016
Meeting Minutes - December 12, 2016
Charlevoix Township Board
Minutes of Regular Meeting
December 12, 2016
The Charlevoix Township Board meeting was called to order by Supervisor Center with Board Members Rajewski, Christiansen, Williams, and Witherspoon present.
Cheryl Browe, Charlevoix County Clerk, swore in the following officers and trustees for the new term:
Chuck Center, Supervisor
Theda Williams, Treasurer
Sandra Witherspoon, Clerk
Nancy Rajewski, Trustee
David Christiansen, Trustee
The minutes of the regular November 14, 2016, Board meeting were accepted as presented.
The financial report was given by Treasurer Williams.
Fire Chief Dan Thorp informed the Board that his department is tentatively scheduling their annual dinner for January 14, 2017, at the Weathervane. He also stated that there will be live fire training taking place at different times at the former Paterka residence across from the Township Hall, and that the building is expected to be totally razed around the end of February 2017. Thorp further indicated that the fire department has plans established for housing Township fire personnel and having equipment available on both sides of the bridge for those nights in March 2017 when the City of Charlevoix bridge will be closed during MDOT repairs. Other townships and the City of East Jordan have also been contacted to provide assistance as needed during the bridge closure.
Public comment was heard. John Haggard requested that the Board provide, at each Board meeting, more information regarding the bills being paid each month.
Supervisor Center stated that he would like to begin discussions with the City of Charlevoix regarding the Township providing fire coverage for the City. Thorp indicated that it makes economic sense for both municipalities to join resources rather than duplicating equipment purchases that would not be fully utilized. It was the Board's consensus to pursue negotiations with the City.
A bid was presented for the repair of the lights and siren on a fire truck, in the amount of $7,651. After discussion, Rajewski moved and Witherspoon supported the Motion to accept the repair bid. The Motion carried unanimously. (M-48-16)
Rajewski moved and Christiansen supported a motion to allow the Clerk to pay bills presented and appropriated. Motion carried unanimously. (M-49-16)
Rajewski reported that the Planning Commission will meet December 21, 2016.
The meeting adjourned at 7:25 p.m.
Teresa A. Sotuyo,