Downloadable and/or online viewable meeting minutes are listed here. Minutes should be available before the next meeting date for the township board or planning commission.
- Meeting Minutes October 18, 2017
- Meeting Minutes October 9, 2017
- Meeting Minutes September 20, 2017
- Meeting Minutes September 11, 2017
- Meeting Minutes August 16, 2017
- Meeting Minutes August 14, 2017
- Meeting Minutes July 19, 2017
- Meeting Minutes July 10 2017
- Meeting Minutes June 12, 2017
- Meeting Minutes June 21, 2017
- Meeting Minutes May 17, 2017
- Meeting Minutes May 8, 2017
- Meeting Minutes April 19, 2017
- Meeting Minutes April 10, 2017
- Meeting Minutes March 13, 2017
- Meeting Minutes January 9, 2017
- Meeting Minutes December 21, 2016
- Meeting Minutes December 12, 2016
- Meeting Minutes November 14, 2016
- Meeting Minutes September 21, 2016
- Meeting Minutes September 12, 2016
- Meeting Minutes August 8, 2016
- Meeting Minutes July 11, 2016
- Meeting Minutes June 15, 2016
- Meeting Minutes June 13, 2016
- Meeting Minutes Corrected May 9, 2016
- Meeting Minutes May 18, 2016
- Meeting Minutes May 9, 2016
- Meeting Minutes April 27, 2016
- Meeting Minutes April 11, 2016
Meeting Minutes - September 12, 2016
Charlevoix Township Board
Minutes of Regular Meeting
September 12, 2016
The Charlevoix Township Board meeting was called to order by Supervisor Center with Board Members Rajewski, Christiansen, Williams, and Witherspoon present.
The minutes of the regular August 8, 2016, Board meeting were accepted.
The financial report was given by Treasurer Williams.
Fire Chief Dan Thorpe advised the Board that the fire department assists utility companies with problems such as downed power lines but is not authorized to bill the utility company for the services. He requested that the Board establish the billing procedure. After discussion, Witherspoon moved and Rajewski supported a motion to approve the process of having the Township bill utility companies for reimbursement for Township fire department manpower when required for public safety. Motion carried unanimously with Christiansen abstaining. (M-38-16)
The Board discussed rezoning the Bemis property, which had previously been reviewed by the Planning Commission, to eliminate the agricultural zoning. After discussion, Rajewski moved and Williams supported a motion to approve the zoning change and change the appropriate color coding on the Township's zoning map. Motion carried unanimously. (M-39-16)
John Campbell presented the Board with the North Point Nature Preserve Invasive Species Study and indicated that Spotted Knapweed and Garlic Mustard are two of the top priorities of the invasive species found. Due to the risk of applying herbicides which would kill desired vegetation in the area, hand pulling is recommended and the Little Traverse Conservancy will arrange with public school teachers to establish a program.
Supervisor Center indicated that Laura Stebe had requested financial support from the Township for the Skatepark. After discussion, Williams moved and Witherspoon supported a motion to provide a $500 donation to the Patsy Ramsay scholarship fund for the Skatepark. Motion carried unanimously. (M-40-16)
Rajewski moved and Christiansen supported a motion to allow the Clerk to pay bills presented and appropriated. Motion carried unanimously. (M-41-16)
Supervisor Center informed the Board that the boat launch cement pads have been poured, St. Marys Cement has donated manpower and equipment for the installation, and the launch is expected to be operable by October 1, 2016.
Supervisor Center read a letter from Jim Jerkatis thanking the Township for the work done at the end of PaBeShan and Mercer. Mr. Jerkatis also asked if the Township had any problem with a citizen group forming to help maintain the area, and he was encouraged to do so.
Rajewski announced that there will be a Township Planning Commission on September 21, 2016, at 7:00 p.m.
The meeting adjourned at 7:33 p.m.
Teresa A. Sotuyo,