Downloadable and/or online viewable meeting minutes are listed here. Minutes should be available before the next meeting date for the township board or planning commission.
- Meeting Minutes September 20, 2017
- Meeting Minutes September 11, 2017
- Meeting Minutes August 16, 2017
- Meeting Minutes August 14, 2017
- Meeting Minutes July 19, 2017
- Meeting Minutes July 10 2017
- Meeting Minutes June 12, 2017
- Meeting Minutes June 21, 2017
- Meeting Minutes May 17, 2017
- Meeting Minutes May 8, 2017
- Meeting Minutes April 19, 2017
- Meeting Minutes April 10, 2017
- Meeting Minutes March 13, 2017
- Meeting Minutes January 9, 2017
- Meeting Minutes December 21, 2016
- Meeting Minutes December 12, 2016
- Meeting Minutes November 14, 2016
- Meeting Minutes September 21, 2016
- Meeting Minutes September 12, 2016
- Meeting Minutes August 8, 2016
- Meeting Minutes July 11, 2016
- Meeting Minutes June 15, 2016
- Meeting Minutes June 13, 2016
- Meeting Minutes Corrected May 9, 2016
- Meeting Minutes May 18, 2016
- Meeting Minutes May 9, 2016
- Meeting Minutes April 27, 2016
- Meeting Minutes April 11, 2016
- Meeting Minutes March 14, 2016
- Meeting Minutes Jaunuary 20, 2016
Meeting Minutes - September 11, 2017
Charlevoix Township Board
Minutes of Regular Meeting
September 11, 2017
The Charlevoix Township Board meeting was called to order by Supervisor Center with Board Members Rajewski, Witherspoon, Christiansen, and Williams present.
The minutes of the regular August 14, 2017, Board meeting and a special Board meeting on July 27, 2017, were accepted as presented.
The financial report was given by Treasurer Williams, and she indicated that the balance in the General Fund included $250,000 that was temporarily transferred from the Water Fund. When CDs expire this fall, the $250,000 will be transferred back to Water Fund.
Jessica Lovay, of the Northern Lights Economic Alliance, presented the Board with its options regarding St. Marys Cement's request for a one-year extension of the tax abatement. The three options are: 1) denying the request, 2) granting the request to extend for the construction and extend the certificate, and 3) granting the request to extend for construction but no extension for the certificate. Ms. Lovay also distributed a proposed "Resolution Amending an IFE Certificate." After further discussion, Christiansen made the motion, with Rajewski supporting, that the Board adopt Resolution #17-011 Approving an Amendment of Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate 2015-046 for St. Marys Cement, Inc. Motion carried unanimously. (M-54-17)
Supervisor Center stated that the City of Charlevoix requested that the Township share the expense to refurbish the sidewalk railing that crosses over Stover Creek. After further discussion, Witherspoon made the motion, with Rajewski supporting, to approve paying one-half of the estimated $3,600 cost. Motion carried unanimously. (M-55-17)
The Board discussed creating a policy regarding the refund of a credit balance when a resident closes its water billing account with the Township and what the minimum credit balance should be to would warrant issuing a refund check. Witherspoon will consult with the Township CPA, and the issue was tabled.
Center informed the Board that he has arranged for a dock builder from Cedarville, who is experienced in dock installations on the Great Lakes, to provide the Township with an estimate for a new dock at the Lake Michigan boat launch.
Witherspoon stated that she has received further correspondence regarding the 2020 Census and that the Township may need to hire someone to collect the data. She will contact other townships in this regard.
Rajewski made the motion, with Williams supporting, to allow the Clerk to pay bills presented and appropriated. Motion carried unanimously. (M-56-17)
Public comment was heard regarding the recent resignation of a Township employee and was informed the employee was offered another job with better pay and benefits.
Rajewski announced that the Planning Commission will be holding a Public Hearing during its next meeting on September 20, 2017, for a rezoning request for a possible assisted living and memory care center on Boyne City Road.
The meeting adjourned at 7:25 p.m.
Teresa A. Sotuyo, Recording Secretary